- PET LOSS
- MUSIC LICENSE
- LOT EXCHANGE
In preparation for the ICCFA 2011 Convention & Exposition, March 8-11 at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada, Convention Planning Committee Chairman Mike Uselton, CCFE, has issued a call for presentations.
For the past two years, this Convention has helped ICCFA members and attendees Join the Evolution of this rapidly changing industry and has offered them practical advice on how to take The Next Step for themselves and their businesses. This year, we are looking for presentations that will continue to guide them toward A Bright Future!
If you have expertise in a particular area of cemetery, cremation and funeral service, this is your opportunity to give back to your profession. Proposals are due to ICCFA by August 15. Guidelines are as follows:
1. Include your name, title, company name, address, phone, fax and e-mail.
2. Include a description of your session (approximately 100 words). Session descriptions should name at least two or three specific skills, techniques or ideas the attendee will take away from the session. We are most interested in sessions that share concrete, proven techniques and programs, as opposed to theory or opinion.
3. Include a brief bio regarding your experience and qualifications within the industry as well as any speaking experience you may have.
4. Include information on which areas of our profession are the intended audience, e.g., cemetery owners and managers, funeral home owners, funeral directors, sales managers, etc.
5. Let us know how long you anticipate your presentation will take. In addition to full-length sessions and workshops, we are interested in shorter presentations that can be combined to form panel sessions.
6. Indicate what types of audio/visual aids you will use, if any.
7. Include a list of anticipated handouts.
8. Note that we ask that speakers refrain from speaking about prices or other issues subject to antitrust legislation. In addition, we ask that speakers refrain from overt promotion of their own products/services.
We typically receive many more proposals than we can fit into the program. The committee has to choose among many excellent proposals, so please be sure to follow these guidelines and to clearly explain the value proposition for attendees (#2 above). Please submit your proposal by August 15 to Linda Budzinski at firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or via fax to 703.391.8416.
Questions? Call 1.800.645.7700.