There are no products in your shopping cart.
- PET LOSS
- MUSIC LICENSE
- LOT EXCHANGE
|PLEASE NOTE: TO RECEIVE MEMBER DISCOUNTS, you must be an ICCFA member and logged into your account on the ICCFA website*, or you may call 1.800.645.7700.
*To register as a member on the site, go to the home page, click on "Create New Account" and fill out the form. If your company is a member in good standing, you will be granted membership privileges within 24 hours (but usually within minutes) and will have access to all content throughout the site as well as to ICCFA member discounts.
Seminar: "Are You an Undertaker or an Order Taker?"
From the 2012 ICCFA Annual Convention
The typical arrangement conference can be very efficient for acquiring the information you need to perform a funeral, but too often it turns you from an undertaker into an order taker and leaves the family unaware of the value you and your firm can provide.
In this session, Codi Shewan will share:
• why the typical arrangement flow benefits neither you nor the families you serve
• how to change the conference to more readily and naturally communicate the emotional context of your services and products
• how to use specific "anchoring techniques” to show the basic value of ceremony and tradition
• how to take families from a guarded state to one in which they embrace your service offerings
• how to use the service matrix, the product matrix and the value matrix to make certain you present every option, to every family, every time
Codi Shewan is manager of training and development, funeral service, for Arbor Memorial Services Inc. He has worked in funeral service for more than 15 years and has managed funeral homes serving 500+ families annually.