Seminar: "PLPA Best Practices Panel"
From the 2012 ICCFA Annual Convention
Listen to five of the most successful pet loss providers and suppliers in the profession share best practices to help you better serve families and build your business:
• Claire Gillenson—Pet grievers generally fall into three different categories: the Life Partner, the Empty Nester and the Family Bunch. Your pet loss company can benefit from providing different services, and in particular different aftercare packages, for each of these groups. Gillenson is a grief recovery specialist with Luxepets LLC based in Santa Monica, California.
• Jodi Clock, CPLP—Want to promote your business without spending a dime? A little public relations can go a long way. Jodi Clock will share how her firm's simple, targeted press release grew into a front page newspaper article and an online video, and how her call to action in each venue led directly to more business. Clock is owner of Clock Life Story Funeral Home and Clock Timeless Pets, Muskegon, Michigan.
• Roberta Knauf, CPLP—Hillcrest-Flynn's annual pet food drive benefits pet rescue shelters throughout Mercer County, Pennsylvania. In addition, this community project serves as an effective public relations and marketing tool for the company. Knauf is the pet funeral director for Hillcrest-Flynn Pet Funeral Home and Crematory, Hermitage, Pennsylvania.
• Tracie Bluse Ward—Using a guided interview process to help your clients share the memories and stories they enjoyed with their dear pets helps them cope with their loss and can help you enhance their memorial tributes. Learn how to become an effective pet story facilitator. Tracie Bluse Ward is president and founder of Celebrations of Life and MyBPFF (Best Pet Friend Forever), St. Paul, Minnesota.
• Kate Moore, CFSP, CPLP—Often, your first contact with a potential client is over the telephone. You either earn their trust or send them away shopping for another firm. Moore will share best practices for handling families calls in a way that inspires confidence and puts their mind at ease. Moore is founder of Beyond the Rainbow Pet Hospice & Memorial Center, Benbrook, Texas.
Any handouts from this presentation are included in the download or on the CD.