Regular (Voting) Membership
Regular ICCFA membership is open to cemeteries, crematories, funeral homes and other entities providing retail death care services to consumers.
How can ICCFA help me and my company?
As an ICCFA member, you are affiliated with the best in the business.
ICCFA connects you with owners and operators of 7,500+ cemeteries, crematories, funeral homes and related businesses. Our members agree to abide by the ICCFA Obligations of Membership, recognizing the importance of honoring the special trust placed in our profession by the families and public they serve.
Your company's membership in the ICCFA places it among the most respected businesses in the profession. Our members are known as a forward-thinking and business-minded group, and they are dedicated to providing dignified, respectful and highly skilled services to families at a time of loss.
In addition to connecting with your colleagues, you also receive a listing in the ICCFA online provider directory. Thousands of consumers visit this directory each month in search of ICCFA-member cemeteries, funeral homes and related businesses.
JOIN NOW and begin making the connections you need to succeed!
A Competitive Advantage
As an ICCFA member, you have access to best practices shared by top experts.
If you are like many in this profession, you are struggling with some very real challenges. How will your company succeed at a time when cremation rates are rising and the demand for "traditional" funeral and burial services is declining? How can you best market to and meet the needs of the aging Baby Boomer generation?
Our members are tackling these issues with innovative new product and service offerings and with training that ensures their staffs are prepared to address the realities of today's marketplace. Best of all, our members are known for their willingness to share.
ICCFA Magazine: Our award-winning magazine, published 10 times per year, is written by and about our members. Each issue is filled with best practices. Here is just a sampling of the advice and information readers received in recent issues:
- a "how to" guide to the funeral celebrant arrangement interview
- a cemetery advertising and direct mail campaign that worked
- options for handling the disposition of artificial devices in cremation cases
- lessons learned from a funeral director who successfully added pet services at his firm
- lean management principles and how to apply them to cemetery maintenance
- practical ways to turn email inquiries into increased business
www.iccfa.com: The ICCFA website also provides members exclusive access to educational materials and operational tools such as:
- Inspection Checklist When Using a Third-Party Crematory
- 10 Things You Should Include in Your Cremation Policy & Procedure Manual
- More than 50 videos on a variety of training topics
Annual Convention and conferences: Perhaps the most effective way to connect and learn from your colleagues is through the ICCFA's Annual Convention and three targeted conferences: the Wide World of Sales Conference, ICCFA University and the Fall Management Conference/CEO Symposium. Members receive discounted admission to our events, which are recognized throughout the profession as the top educational and networking opportunities available. Members who attended our most recent Convention received training on dozens of topics, including:
- The Cremation Case: A Step-by-Step Guide to Avoiding Liability
- Strategies and Tactics for Capturing the 50+ Consumer
- Social Media in 15 Minutes a Day
- Cemetery Infrastructure: Building a Strong Foundation for Business
- Building a Funeral Service Experience that Will Build Your Business
- Can the Best Embalmers Still Learn Something?
JOIN NOW to become of a part of this innovative, sharing group and begin taking advantage of your connection to the best minds in the business.
Information and Advocacy
As an ICCFA member, you have access to timely information regarding federal legislation and regulations, and you help support our government and public relations efforts
Through our magazine and our biweekly email newsletter, you receive regular notifications of legal and legislative activities affecting your business. In addition, your membership in the only association that represents the entire cemetery, cremation and funeral service profession helps support our efforts to educate and influence government officials and the media. Among our recent activities:
- Providing an interview with "60 Minutes" to ensure a balanced perspective on an upcoming report on the industry
- Serving as the largest industry group opposing the ill-conceived "Bereaved Consumer Bill of Rights Act"
- Serving as a consultant to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Transportation Security Administration on the department's Cargo Screening Requirements for Human Remains
- Assisting the Government Accountability Office with a new study the office has commissioned on state cemetery and funeral laws and regulations
In addition, you will have exclusive access to free telephone consultations with a team of experts who are on retainer with the ICCFA:
- Cremation legal questions and General Price List review: Attorney Poul Lemasters, Esq.
- Human resources questions: Attorney Michael Pepperman, Esq.
- Tax questions: Attorney Les Schneider, Esq.
- Fraud prevention questions: Forensic Accountant Robert Garvey, CPA
In addition to these benefits, the ICCFA offers a variety of programs for members, including member discounts on services such as group liability insurance, discounts on goods you use everyday (urns, answering services, apparel, portraits), as well as products in the ICCFA Store and more.
JOIN ONLINE NOW or click here to download a membership form and begin enjoying the benefits of membership. If you have questions about your membership, please call us at 1.800.645.7700.