ICCFA Faculty Membership is open to faculty of accredited mortuary science schools.
How can ICCFA help me as a faculty member?
Keeping Up with Today's Trends and Challenges
As an ICCFA member, you have access to the latest best practices and innovations.
As you conduct your research and develop curricula and lesson plans, it is important that you have ongoing exposure to the everyday, "real world" issues facing funeral service. Nowhere else will you find a group of professionals who are so willing to share their challenges and solutions.
ICCFA Magazine: Our award-winning magazine, published 10 times per year, is filled with best practices from professionals working in the industry. Here is just a sampling of the advice and information readers received in recent issues:
- a "how to" guide to the funeral celebrant arrangement interview
- options for handling the disposition of artificial devices in cremation cases
- lessons learned from a funeral director who successfully added pet services at his firm
- a cemetery advertising and direct mail campaign that worked
- practical ways to turn email inquiries into increased business
- lean management principles and how to apply them to cemetery maintenance
www.iccfa.com: The ICCFA website also provides members exclusive access to educational materials and operational tools such as:
- Inspection Checklist When Using a Third-Party Crematory
- 10 Things You Should Include in Your Cremation Policy & Procedure Manual
- More than 50 videos on a variety of training topics
Annual Convention and conferences: Perhaps the most effective way to connect and learn about the profession is through the ICCFA's Annual Convention and three targeted conferences: the Wide World of Sales Conference, ICCFA University and the Fall Management Conference/CEO Symposium. Members receive discounted admission to our events (and faculty are often provided even steeper discounts), which are recognized throughout the profession as the top educational and networking opportunities available. Members who attended our most recent Convention received training on dozens of topics, including:
- The Cremation Case: A Step-by-Step Guide to Avoiding Liability
- Can the Best Embalmers Still Learn Something?
- Building a Funeral Service Experience that Will Build Your Business
- Strategies and Tactics for Capturing the 50+ Consumer
- Social Media in 15 Minutes a Day
- Cemetery Infrastructure: Building a Strong Foundation for Business
JOIN NOW to become of a part of this innovative, sharing group and begin taking advantage of your connection to the best minds in the business.
As an ICCFA member, you are affiliated with the best in the business.
ICCFA connects you with owners and operators of 7,500+ cemeteries, crematories, funeral homes and related businesses. Our members agree to abide by the ICCFA Obligations of Membership, recognizing the importance of honoring the special trust placed in our profession by the families and public they serve.
JOIN NOW and begin making the connections you need to succeed!
Information and Advocacy
As an ICCFA member, you have access to timely information regarding federal legislation and regulations, and you help support our government and public relations efforts
Through our magazine and our biweekly email newsletter, you receive regular notifications of legal and legislative activities affecting the funeral service professp In addition, your membership in the only association that represents the entire cemetery, cremation and funeral service profession helps support our efforts to educate and influence government officials and the media. Among our recent activities:
- Providing an interview with "60 Minutes" to ensure a balanced perspective on an upcoming report on the industry
- Serving as the largest industry group opposing the ill-conceived "Bereaved Consumer Bill of Rights Act"
- Serving as a consultant to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Transportation Security Administration on the department's Cargo Screening Requirements for Human Remains
- Assisting the Government Accountability Office with a new study the office has commissioned on state cemetery and funeral laws and regulations
JOIN ONLINE NOW or click here to download an application form and begin enjoying the benefits of membership. If you have questions about your membership, please call us at 1.800.645.7700.