Direct mail doubters need to get real and understand that direct mail really brings in the dollars, especially in the Death Care industry.
Here are some statistics that prove it:
DIRECT MAIL MARKETING EFFECTIVENESS STATISTICS
• U.S. advertisers spend $167 per person on direct mail to earn $2,095 worth of goods sold; a 1,300 percent return.
• One study, “The neuroscience behind the response-driving power of direct mail” found that:
• Direct mail generates a motivation* score that is 20 percent higher than digital media.
• Direct mail was found to require 21 percent less cognitive effort. That means your message is absorbed more quickly and effectively.
• Brand recall was 70 percent higher among participants who were exposed to direct mail ads rather than to digital ones.
• The average ROI for direct mail campaigns is between 18 and 20 percent.
• 56 percent of consumers who responded to direct mail went online or visited the physical store.
• 62 percent of consumers who responded to direct mail in the past three months made a purchase.
Of course the key to getting a great response is a well-targeted mailing list (check out the section on the Dataman Group website specifically for the Death Care Industry - https://www.datamangroup.com), great creative and a strong offer.