Marcea Weiss: Hiring Veterans: A Great Fit for Our Profession [audio]
Seminar: "Hiring Veterans: A Great Fit for Our Profession"
From the 2012 ICCFA Annual Convention
Troops are being brought back from Iraq and the armed services are beginning to downsize, resulting in a significant increase in the number of military veterans searching for civilian work. In this session, author, cemetery consultant and Army veteran Marcea Weiss will share the strong business case for making hiring vets a priority. You'll learn:
• why military veterans are a particularly good fit for the cemetery and funeral service profession
• typical challenges you may face as an employer and what to do about them
• typical challenges your veteran hire may face and what to do about them
• lessons learned from a company that has made hiring veterans a priority
• "Voices of Veterans”—what military vets have to say about their transition experiences
Marcea Weiss is branch manager for Merendino Cemetery Care and is author of "Leaving the Military: Your Deployment Guide to Corporate America.” She served in the U.S. Army as a Blackhawk Maintenance Pilot with the 25th and 1st Infantry Divisions in Hawaii and Germany, respectively. Marcea has consulted with Fortune 500 companies such as Cypress Semiconductor, GE, Apple and Microsoft and holds a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification from GE. She earned a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from the University of Miami and an MBA from the University of Phoenix.
Any handouts from this presentation are included in the download or on the CD.