Location Manager (San Jose, CA)
We are looking for a Location Manager to join our team at
Los Gatos Memorial Park, Campbell Memorial Chapel, and Chapel of the Hills
in San Jose, CA!
The Location Manager is accountable for overseeing the operations of the business to ensure the expectations of client families and their guests are exceeded.
- Oversees the management of resources and day-to-day operations.
- Establishing a financial plan and ensure goals and objectives are met each year.
- Analyze activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine location progress toward goals and objectives.
- Understand and monitor compliance of Federal, state, and local laws and regulations for operation of a cemetery, cemetery sales, crematory, and funeral home.
- Develop and monitor quality relationships with suppliers in order to ensure that products and services offered to the business add value to client family satisfaction and market share growth.
- Ensure that all business operation permits are current and applied for in a timely manner.
- Monitor and manage financial results in a manner that meets or exceeds standards.
- Prepare and manage capital requests and expenditures.
- Provide a high level of coaching, mentoring, and development to department heads and location staff.
- Be responsible to ensure that family survey and family service follow up calls are completed.
- Inspections of all facilities, grounds, and locations to ensure all are maintained to standards.
- Develop and implement marketing plans to expand exposure of the location in the community.
- Sponsor on-site community events that promote the business to the community.
- Develop relationships with community businesses and leaders.
- Assist direct reports with setting and meeting their goals.
- Encourage the development of new service offerings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree or some college required.
- Current Funeral Director license required.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience managing a combo business
- Must understand how to analyze financial reports to determine actions necessary to maintain and/or improve the location’s performance.
- Ability to drive to learn a new market and grow the business
- Willingness to explore additional prospecting channels
- Able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Bilingual is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint) required.
- Detail oriented and ability to work in a team setting.
Qualified candidates can submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
01/08/2018 (10 months)