ICCFA Elects New Officers, Directors
ICCFA ELECTS NEW OFFICERS, DIRECTORS
STERLING, VA (March 17, 2011) – The International Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association (ICCFA) elected new leadership during its 2011 Annual Convention & Exposition, March 8-11, in Las Vegas, Nevada.
ICCFA officers for 2011-2012 are:
- President— Kenneth E. Varner, CCFE, Cypress Lawn Cemetery Association, Colma, California;
- President-Elect— Jeff Kidwiler, CCE, CSE, Heritage Park, Metro Manila, Philippines;
- Vice President, Education—Nancy R. Lohman, CCFE, Lohman Funeral Homes, Cemeteries & Cremation, Ormond Beach, Florida;
- Vice President, Membership & Marketing— Michael R. Uselton, CCFE, Gibraltar Remembrance Services, Palmetto, Florida;
- Vice President, Internal Affairs—Darin B. Drabing, Forest Lawn Memorial-Parks & Mortuaries, Glendale, California;
- Vice President, External Affairs—I. Frederick Lappin, CCE, Knollwood Cemetery Corporation and Sharon Memorial Park, Sharon, Massachusetts;
- Treasurer—Jay Brammer, Gibraltar Remembrance Services LLC, Indianapolis, Indiana; and
- Secretary—Christine Toson Hentges, CCE, The Tribute Companies Inc., Hartland, Wisconsin.
Members elected to serve three-year terms on the ICCFA Board of Directors are:
- Andres Aguilar, Senoriales Corporacion de Servicio, Guatemala City, Guatemala;
- Russell W. Allen, Memorial Oaks Funeral Home and Cemetery, Houston, Texas;
- Thomas P. Daly, CCE, CCCE, Worcester County Memorial Park, Paxton, Massachusetts;
- Jay D. Dodds, Carriage Services, Houston, Texas;
- Anthony Guerra, Guerra & Gutierrez Mortuaries, Los Angeles, California;
- Ernie Heffner, CFuE, Heffner Funeral Homes & Crematory, York, Pennsylvania;
- Jerry Myers, CPA, PMP, Stewart Enterprises, New Orleans, Louisiana;
- Stephen L. Schacht, CCFE, Service Corporation International, Seal Beach, California.
Members elected to serve unexpired one-year terms on the board are:
- Rick Miller, CCFE, Chapel of the Chimes Cemetery and Mortuary, Hayward, California; and
- Daniel L. Villa, Park Lawn Cemetery, Commerce, California.
Past presidents elected to serve a one-year term on the board are:
- Patrick Downey, CCE, Spring Grove Cemetery & Arboretum, Cincinnati, Ohio;
- Gregory Easley, CCE, Forest Lawn Memorial Park, Omaha, Nebraska; and
- Ray Frew, CCFE, Green Hills Memorial Park, Rancho Palos Verdes, California.
The International Memorialization Supply Association appointment to serve a one-year term on the board is:
- Timothy M. Hentges (Tribute Precast Systems LLC, Hartland, Wisconsin)
The presidential appointments to represent the ICCFA on the Cemetery Consumer Service Council are:
- Thomas P. Daly, CCE, CCCE, CHS Consulting Group, Westwood, Massachusetts; and
- Stephen G. Burrill, CCE, CCrE, Mount Hope Cemetery, Bangor, Maine.
The members elected and appointed to serve three-year terms on the ICCFA Service Bureau Board of Directors are:
- Richard Cody, CCE, Resthaven Memorial Gardens, Frederick, Maryland;
- Keenan Knopke, CCFE, Curlew Hills Memory Gardens, Palm Harbor, Florida; and
- Gregg Strom, CCE , StoneMor Partners LP, Levittown, Pennsylvania.
Members of the 2011-2012 Executive Committee are as follows:
- ICCFA President Kenneth E. Varner, CCFE, Cypress Lawn Cemetery Association, Colma, California;
- ICCFA President-Elect Jeff Kidwiler, CCE, CSE, Heritage Park, Metro Manila, Philippines;
- ICCFA Immediate Past President Kevin R. Daniels, CCE, Daniels Family Funeral Services, Albuquerque, New Mexico;
- Stephen L. Schacht, CCFE, Service Corporation International, Seal Beach, California (president’s appointment);
- Robert A. Gordon, CCFE, CCrE, CSE, Eternal Hills Memorial Garden & Funeral Home, Klamath Falls, Oregon (past presidents’ appointment); and
- ICCFA Treasurer Jay Brammer, Gibraltar Remembrance Services LLC, Indianapolis, Indiana (ex-officio).
Founded in 1887, the International Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association is the only international trade association representing all segments of the cemetery, cremation, funeral and memorialization profession. Its membership is composed of more than 7,500 cemeteries, funeral homes, memorial designers, crematories and related businesses worldwide.